We are working hard to try to provide more tutoring, mentoring, and support for looked-after and foster care students – children and young adults – whose education and confidence have suffered from abuse, neglect, or trauma, and for various reasons, have fallen through cracks in the educational system.
We believe that by teaching and motivating students based on their individual preferences and learning style, we can achieve not only an improvement in specific skills but also a positive change in attitude towards learning and the effort made in the classroom. By teaching according to ‘motivational theory’ we can help students see the positive outcomes of learning, and that they can succeed.
We could use your support for these students! There are a number of ways you can get involved if you are interested:
- Contribute directly via PayPal:
- Opt to pay an extra £1 per week for your child’s lesson (this pays for three full lessons a year) or you may wish to donate a lesson each half term, giving a total of 6 lessons a year.
- Nominate ATQ as one of your chosen charities for personal or work place fundraising.
- Donate your time to our mentoring database which coordinates a scheme where professional people in Calderdale offer help to older students who will benefit from career advice and guidance in their specific field.
- If you have links to local businesses, ask them if they could promote or support ATQ
If you are a young person wanting to get involved and would like something to put on a personal statement, CV or if you are doing your DofE, opportunities are always available.
If you wish to contribute, or refer any students to ATQ, please contact Jo at [email protected]. All contributions are greatly appreciated and go directly to providing lessons for our pupils.
Tel: 01422 648984
4 Garden Street,
England, HX7 6AQ